This morning my tennis clinic was pushed back an hour. So what do I do with an unexpected free hour? I knew I should do some exercise- I just read an article that said interval exercise is better than moderate exercise (my usual is walking outdoors or yoga). Well, first I got on the treadmill for a whopping 15 minutes walk/jog (oh how I hate it) but then I was over that idea so I treated myself to Ali Edwards‘ latest blog posts.
She is so inspirational to me for so many reasons.
- I love her photos + words philosophy- it is my passion
- I love her honesty
- I love how she does “life- perfectly imperfect”
- I really love how she parents. I can tell she lets her kids and step-kids be themselves. Another passion of mine.
- I love how she creates such thought-provoking journaling prompts
- I love how she creates such fascinating scrapbooking projects!
One of these projects is called A Week in the Life. It involves documenting the everyday, mundane pretty intensely for one week. 7 days.
These photos and words are something I would treasure if my mom had done this during our childhood. Last year I participated by taking the photos and then I started (but did not finish) placing the photos and words into her templates via photoshop.
At the time I did not think my pictures were pretty and I did not think my words were profound. Additionally, I started losing interest/attention thinking about layouts and how I wanted things to look. I completed and printed Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
However, now that I am looking over these pages for the first time in a year, I am so happy to have them! They really are perfectly imperfect. This weekend my goal is to complete last year’s Thursday-Sunday.
This year I would like to try again, knowing my sticking points and hoping maybe I can simplify and actually get it done.
My plan is to follow what she did this time around.
- Daily taking photos
- Typing up the words the following day
- Then cutting and pasting the words along with photos onto the final documents
- Sending to printer and slapping in an album
I am nervous just writing these intentions, but I really do love and believe in this project so I’m going to attempt before school lets out. I might even try to start Monday. Gah!